Part of our motivation for creating TAABS is to help you find cool new places to go that you didn't know existed. That's why as a monthly series, we showcase new nightlife venues that open each month across New York City.
You know all those people who say, "Summer's almost over, better make the most of it!" That's like saying, "Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays." I fucking hate that. It's 85 degrees out there with no end in sight. Relax and enjoy the rest of the summer on your own terms.
There were a lot of new openings in July and members of our street team had a busy month, researching all of the delicious cocktails and relaxing outdoor spaces. Here are some of our favorites - TAABS tested, TAABS approved.
Mother of Pearl
95 Ave A, off 6th St - East Village
- Tiki bar with a hawaiian vibe
- Try the Shark Eye or Mexican Summer cocktail - both strong and delicious
- Small beer & wine selection
- Run by Jane Danger and Ravi DeRossi
- Opened July 2015, replacing Gin Palace
(Restaurant & Bar) (Cocktail Bar)
(Sophisticated) (Small Plates)
(Full Menu) (Asian Fusion)
Our Wicked Lady
153 Morgan Ave - Bushwick
- Self-proclaimed "bar and performance space...for artists and musicians"
- Industrial art and music studio in a re-purposed warehouse with steel pipes over white-washed brick and reclaimed wood tables
- The rooftop just opened - 1,600 square feet with a bar and live music - may be the first rooftop bar in Bushwick
- Opened July 2015
- Opens at 6pm, 7 days a week.
(Rooftop) (Hipster) (Outdoor Space)
(Good For Groups) (Casual) (Cocktails)
(Live Music) (Art Gallery) (Exposed Brick)
245 Eldridge St - Lower East Side
- Beautifully hand-crafted Japanese-inspired cocktails
- Knowledgeable bartenders can answer any question
- Dressed in golds and woods over a tiled floor
- Lights dim to a orange glow in the evening for a romantic date spot
- Opened July 2015
(Cocktail Bar) (After Work) (Intimate)
(Good Date Spot) (Singles Scene)
(Seating Area) (Dimly Lit) (Cozy)
(Romantic) (Relaxed) (Small) (Trendy)
(Sophisticated) (Pricey) (Small Plates)